How To Wash And Maintain Your Lace Wig
How to wash and maintain Remy hair Lace Wigs. Lace wigs are professional products and it is extremely important you familiarise yourself with the texture of your lace wig. Only use products that work well with your lace unit's texture. Some products you use on your own natural hair may not work well with your Full lace unit.
1. Before washing your Full lace Unit, gently brush using detangling brush or leave-in conditioner such as Brandywine to soften the unit so you do not pull on the fragile knots as this may cause shedding. Brush from tip of the wig to base, Never begin brushing from top or middle as this may cause damage or tangle the unit.
2. Ensure you have cleaned and removed any adhesive or tape residue around the perimeters of the lace using soft bristle brush and Oil based solvents such as C-22 Remover
3. Place your full lace wig on the Styrofoam head and use T pins to gently secure.
4. In a spray Bootle, mix a capful of shampoo and fill the remaining with Luke warm or cold water. It is very important to use shampoo that is suitable for your Full Lace wig texture. Products that work well are Silicon mix, Nearly Natural , Aveda, Paul Mitchell.
5. Place your Full lace wig on the Styrofoam head under a gentle stream of cold or luke warm water and pour or spray shampoo mix evenly over the wig and use a wide tooth rounded edge brush to distribute the shampoo evenly. remember to always comb from ends of the hair to the root, Never from top or middle. 6. Rinse your unit thoroughly on the Styrofoam head using gentle stream of cold water. 7. In a spray, mix a capful of conditioner and fill the remaining with cool water. It is important to use conditioner products that are suitable with your full lace wig texture. products we recommend are silicon mix, nearly natural, Redken Smooth down, Aveda, Paul Michelle
8. Place your Full Lace Wig on the Styrofoam head under a gentle stream of cold water. Pour or spray the conditioner mixture evenly over the unit and using a wide tooth rounded end comb to distribute the mixture all over the unit from tip to root of the unit. Remember not to comb from top or middle as this may cause damage or tangling.
For deep conditioning - you may spray the Nearly Natural Lace wig restorer evenly on the unit after applying the conditioner and allow to sit for 5 minutes before rinsing with cold water. This products will soften, restore and revive your unit sealing all split ends.
9. Rinse your Full lace wig thoroughly on the Styrofoam wig head in a gentle stream of cold water.
10. Blot dry your full lace wig with towel in gently patting motion.
Spray or apply your leave in conditioner if desired and allow to air dry.
11. To minimise shedding, Apply the Knot Sealer. This is done by turning the unit inside our and spraying the knot sealer inside of the base of your unit and dry with warm hair dryer. 2-3 coats of the knot sealer is recommended.
12. Style your Full lace wig as desired. Remember not to apply to many oil based products on the unit as this may weigh down the hair and cause tangling.
How to maintain and care for Curly Full Lace wigs
Curly Full lace wigs can be challenging if you are not experienced in how to care for curly hair. Be very gently and patient with your Curly Full lace wigs
Follow all the above steps. And ensure you use products that are suitable for Curly hair texture. Do not apply too many products such as moose, serums, and gels as this may cause build up on the hair and may provoke tangling and make hair harder to manage. Less is more. Hair should always have MOVEMENT!.
DO NOT brush Curly Full Lace Wig as this may change pattern of natural curls. You may use your fingers to separate the curls.
Braiding Curly Full Lace Wig at night before sleeping will maintain curl pattern and reduce restyling.
Maintain Your own hair underneath Your wig
Always try and remove your Wigs at least every 2 weeks and reapply of required. Skin naturally sheds and may build up under a lace wig and this may cause irritation and unhygienic.
Always shampoo, steam and condition your natural hair regularly.
Always oil your scalp to combat dryness and dandruff build up
Always dry your own hair thoroughly before reapplying your unit.
If you suffer from hair loss conditions such as alopecia, ensure you apply your treatments to your scalp at least once a week and keep your scalp clean. If you have any reaction to adhesive products, Stop immediately, You May Use Hypoallergenic adhesives such as Oil resistant white Glue for future applications.
If you are receiving treatments such as Chemotherapy; Ensure you use non chemical based adhesive products, solvent and sealants.
Store your wigs if not in use on Styrofoam heads, or satin bags and stuff the unit to maintain form and shape of the wig.
About the Author
Fabulous Front Lace Wigs UK.
Over 7 Years experince in Hair replacement